Wednesday, March 19, 2014

What I've Been Up To

On Monday I started Couch to 5K again.  It went pretty well.  On the plate for week 1 is 60 seconds running, 90 seconds of walking, for 20 minutes.  When I started back running a couple of weeks ago, I started with running 30 seconds and walking 1 minute, and I felt like I still had a lot in my legs, so moving up to 60 seconds running hasn't been so bad.  Before my injury I was wogging at anywhere from a 2:1 down to a 1:1 ratio.  This time I want to be able to run longer running segments, which will automatically increase my pace.  I don't want to ever have to spend a race looking over my shoulder for sweepers.  I want to relax and have fun at races, especially Disney ones.

At the recommendation of my PT and my husband, I got fitted for new shoes.



Oddly enough, they put me back into a stability shoe.  I'm going to run in these for a few weeks before I give any kind of judgement publicly.  On the downside, now I have 3 pairs of sad, lonely Newton Gravity's.  Anybody interested in a 2013 pair in Watermelon, size 7, with only 5 miles on them??

Mark and I have re-organized our weight program, so we are lifting more weight and more regularly.  I feel like part of the reason my foot broke was due to tightness in my arch and calf, so I'm trying to strengthen my core as much as I can before I start training for any distance, to take the pressure off my calves.  My hips and back don't seem to be hurting as much, but I'm not pulling double digit miles either.

And in non-running related news, this weekend Mark and I got to go see Sir Elton John, live and in person!  We rarely have good concerts in this neck of the woods, so we jumped on the tickets as soon as they went on Ticketmaster.  Our seats were in the nosebleed section way to the side of the stage, but they were still awesome seats.  Look, here's  crappy iphone proof! Elton's the sparkly fella behind the piano.




No comments:

Post a Comment