Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Stuff Just Got Real

So here I am, running along, happy as a lark to go my 45 minutes 3 times a week with my shin seemingly behaving, and I see this on Facebook:



Ummm, yeah.

So I consulted a professional running coach my sister to help me come up up with some that resembles a 7 week half marathon training plan.  Let's keep our fingers crossed that this works, shall we?

Monday

45 minutes = 3 miles
It was still pretty warm when I started, so I struggled a bit, but ended up being faster than I expected.  My stomach rebelled a bit too from my usual pre-run Mojo bar, so that worried me a bit.

Wednesday

45 minutes = 2.86 miles
Mark had some speedwork to do so I ran on the track.  I guess I was slower than Monday, but I didn't feel it at all.  In mile 2 I thought "I feel like Kara Goucher!"  It was a great run.
Saturday
4 miles

Saturday
4 mi = 1:05:51
Boy, do I love October!  It's so much easier when its 20 degrees cooler with 60% less humidity.  And today's run was the longest I've been in a year.  A YEAR PEOPLE!  And it felt easy and I wasn't sore later.  It gives me hope.

Tuesday
45 minutes =

Work obligations had me push my run back a day this week.  Since its starting to get dark earlier, and we are bored to tears running tiny laps in our neighborhood, we ran downtown right after work.

No comments:

Post a Comment