Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Probably Not Proper Fueling

Mark loves steak.  I cannot put into words how much Mark loves steak.  I have witnessed him eat steak with a side of steak. Hand to God.  We lucked up and scored some tickets from his employer to the Fairhope Rotary Steak Cookoff a couple of weeks ago.  All you can eat steak, beer and wine, and the Molly Ringwalds - the world's greatest '80's cover band- all for free?  Why sure, I'll change out of my snugly jammies for THAT!


Of course, the event fell on the night before my big RETURN TO RACING (yes, that deserves to be in all caps), and I'm not sure unlimited red meat and red wine is the *best* way to fuel for a race, but heck, it was just a 5K, and it's not like I was really gunning for a PR (or at least shouldn't have been!).




The rain barely put a damper on all the good food (and beer).  Yes, we paid for it the next day, but it was tons of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment