Wednesday, June 4, 2014

The May Rundown

Couch to 5K Graduate!  Last time I did this program I quit midway through and started running intervals.  Now I can run for 30+ minutes straight!

Ran my first race back since my injury!



Put 30 miles on the Brooks.  Took a couple of days off for some pain in my foot.  All a part of recovery, I guess.


REALLY sick of running 3/4 mile loops around my tiny neighborhood.

Where do I go from here?  Pushing the length of time I can run at one shot until I get to 35 minutes.  In a week or two I'm starting a Bridge to 10K training plan.  No, no race planned at the end of that one (way too hot in the middle of summer here for distance racing), but using it to build my base for half marathon training come September.  Both my 10K and half plans involve a run/walk strategy, which I embrace whole-heartedly, but with much longer run intervals than I did the first time around.  Hello PR!

How did your May shape up?

No comments:

Post a Comment