Wednesday, June 11, 2014

#Oiselle Showdown: Rogas vs. Gameday shorts

Disclaimer:  I purchased the products in this post.  All opinions are my own. But Oiselle can send me free clothes anytime!

Recently, a couple of deal of the day sites (here and here are my referral links if you feel so inclined) featured Oiselle at some great prices.  I love all Oiselle clothes, and I've been wanting to try some of their running shorts, so I snatched up a pair of Game Day shorts and a pair of what almost every runner on the internet raves about, the Rogas.  The Game Day's are basically a longer Roga with a wider leg.  Based on my experience with Oiselle tops and advice from the interwebz, I sized up to a large.

Both pairs of shorts have built in undies, an inside key pocket and an outside back zip packet, and a drawstring, which is a must-have for me in running gear.  They are the same lightweight tech fabric, which is soft and super comfortable, and has some crazy wicking skillz.


Roga Shorts



Obviously this isn't my belly.

Man, they are not kidding when they call these shorts!  Mark definitely gave these the thumbs up.  They are form fitting, and much shorter than my standby Nike's. I wore them for 10 minute running intervals (Couch to 5K Week 6 Day 2), and even though they rode up my big gal thighs some while I walked, they didn't ride up at all when I ran, which is good, because as short as these are there's not a whole lot of places to go!


Game Day Shorts


There is several more inches of fabric covering my upper thighs, which is a plus in my opinion.  The legs fit looser too, but they didn't give me diaper butt like Nike's do.  I wore these for 5 min run/3 min walk intervals (Couch to 5K Week 5 Day1) on the dreadmill in the stifling hot gym. I LOVE these shorts!  They wicked sweat something fierce, nothing chafed, the waist didn't ride up or fall down, and they didn't ride up at all in the legs.  WIN!


The Verdict

I like the Game Day shorts because they are roomier on my big girl thighs and hips and provide more coverage than the Rogas.  I can't find them on the Oiselle website, so I'll be a sad runner if they've been discontinued.

No comments:

Post a Comment